The history of Huanghai started in 1951 when a vehicle repair works of People's Voluntary Army was established in Dandong. In 1965, the factory was changed to Dandong Vehicle Modification Works.
In 1981, the factory started to build buses under the brand name "Huanghai". In 1983, the factory was renamed Dandong Vehicle Production Works.
In 1999, the factory was changed to a limited company and it was taken over by SG Automotive Group in 2002.
In 2009, factory in Changzhou was established.
Return to Anthony's Bus Homepage
Page created: 20 February 2011
Last updated: 1 January 2012